Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Bed & Breakfast and a trip to Cincinnati



Last week I spent a few days in Cincinnati. It was going to be a very busy trip as I had five site visits for future Photobooth Live events and a few other things on the agenda as well. I decided to stay at a bed and breakfast called The Parker House. This Victorian home was built in the 1800s for Charles Hoefinghoff who became the 'great iron man' of Cincinnati. The owners, Mark and Patricia, opened the doors in 1991 after a major restoration to return the house to its original state. They are extremely welcoming and friendly, and I highly recommend a stay at The Parker House if you are ever in the area!

I mentioned that I had five site visits, which kept me busy, but I also was able to hang out with my mentor and previous UT professor, Jimmie Robinson (JR).



It's so important to stay in touch with the people in your life who become mentors and inspirations. I always enjoy JR's company and look forward to the time we get to spend together.

Lastly, I was able to attend the USITT Conference & Stage Expo which was in Cincinnati this year. It was a busy week and although it was a great time, I was thankful to be home as well. Business is picking up around here after the slow(er) winter season, and we are all preparing for a great Spring/Summer time.

No comments: